1. Some of the important examination activities are mentioned below.
(a) Dates of Examination:
· The examinations are held twice a year on the following dates:
§ June - 15th June to 22nd June.
§ December - 15th December to 22nd December.
· These dates are not changed irrespective of their falling on public holiday(s) or sundays.
(b) Date Sheet
· Dates for examinations are fixed and are given in the Booklet of Regulations and Syllabi. Details are also available on the website. Students are advised to refer to the web site in 'Academic' link for latest date sheet.
· Lab Examinations, Oral Test for Communication Skills and Technical Writing, evaluations of Project and Seminar are conducted by the respective Centres, soon after the theory examinations.
(c) Exam Application Form
· The examination form is initially given free of cost along with the Admit card.
· The examination application form can also be obtained by the student from the nearest IETE Centre or directly from IETE, HQ on payment of Rs 20/-. (Add postal charge of Rs.25/- if required by post).
(d) Filling up of Examination Form
· Students are advised to read instructions carefully before filling the examination form. They should ensure that they have entered and darkened the circles with correct Membership No., Course and Stream, Centre and Centre code, Subject codes, Bank draft No., Banks MICR No. and mobile No. Guidelines on how to fill the examination form are attached with the examination application form as well as given on the websites.
· Students are also advised to send the draft of Rs.800/-(For AMIETE) and Rs.700/-(For DipIETE) per subject along with the examination form for theory subjects only.
· The fee of Lab Examinations, Oral Test for Communication Skills and Technical Writing, Project and Seminar have to be submitted on the Centre. But the codes of the above mentioned subjects have to be filled on the examination form also.
(e) Change of Examination Centre
· After submission of exam form, change of Examination Centre may be allowed on payment of requisite fee of Rs 500/- payable by demand draft, in favour of the Secretary General, IETE New Delhi, or in cash, if deposited at IETE HQ. The request for the change of Centre should reach IETE HQs before 20th May/20th November with requisite fee of Rs.500/-.
(f) Alteration in the Exam Application Form
· Students are requested to visit the website for checking the status of examination application form.
· For any amendment/alteration in the Examination Form after submission, an extra amount of Rs 500/- will be charged, provided the request reaches IETE HQs by 20th May/20th November.
(g) Last Dates for Exam Forms
· Last date for receipt of examination forms for June/Dec examination respectively are as under: -
Without late fee 25 Apr/25 Oct
With late fee (of Rs.1500/-) 10 May/10 Nov
· Applications received after these dates will not be entertained.
· The acknowledgement of receipt of the examination form is given through website before issuing the admit card. Students are requested to contact SIC section after checking the status of application form if it is required.
· Students are requested to visit the website for checking the status of examination application form. Student can send the request for amendment/alteration in the examination form with an amount of Rs.500/-before issuing the admit card if required.
(h) Admit Card
· Admit cards are sent to all eligible students. Admit cards are also available on web, which can be downloaded/printed. Students are allowed to appear for examination with downloaded/printed Admit cards along with their Identity cards.
(i) Unfair Means:- Inside the examination hall, students are allowed to use non programmable calculators/log tables only.
· No mobile phone in the name of use as a calculator is permitted.
· No written material other than admit card and the membership ID card is permissible.